The following talks were recorded at our 2016 conference, 'Who's There?': Shakespeare Biography, Biografiction and Bardolatry, our 2014 conference, Shakespeare: The French Connection and our 2013 conference, Shakespeare: No True Traveller. The opinions expressed by the speakers are their own and not necessarily shared by the Shakespearean Authorship Trust.
Gratitude is due to the actors, Richard Clifford, Robert Dorfman, Sir Derek Jacobi, Peter Hamilton-Dyer, Annabel Leventon, Mark Rylance and Angus Wright, and also to the presenters, for their permission to make these films public.
All videos can also be viewed on our YouTube channel, to which you can subscribe.
'Who's There?': Shakespeare Biography, Biografiction and Bardolatry, November 2016
1. Mark Rylance - Introduction and Sonnet
2. Bill Leahy - Bardography
3. Mark Rylance and Robert Dorfman
4. Kevin Gilvary - Biografiction
5. Mark Rylance - Mark Twain's "Is Shakespeare Dead?"
6. Mark Rylance - Sonnet
7. Keir Cutler - excerpt from "Shakespeare Crackpot"
8. Mark Rylance - Henry James' "The Birthplace"
10. Alexander Waugh - Grave Problems
11. Panel Q & A
12. Mark Rylance - excerpt from "I Am Shakespeare"
13. Mark Rylance - Conclusion
Shakespeare: The French Connection, November 2014
1. Introduction by Julia Cleave
2. Love's Labour's Lost
4. All's Well That Ends Well
6. A Midsummer Night's Dream
7. Measure For Measure
8. Henry V
Shakespeare: No True Traveller, November 2013
1. Alexander Waugh: Shakespeare - No True Traveller?
2. Hank Whittemore: Richard Paul Roe, The Shakespeare Guide to Italy
3. Kevin Gilvary: Writ in Choice Italian - Shakespeare and the Italian Commedia
4. Panel, Q&A: Ros Barber, John Casson, Julia Cleave, Kevin Gilvary, Bill Leahy, Hank Whittemore